All fields are required. Please ensure that the information you provide matches your government issued identification in order to perform any screening necessary to process your application.
What current available functions from the list below are you interested in volunteering for?
Your volunteer application has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed per the districts volunteer policy. In the near future, you will be notified as to your volunteer status. If you have any questions, please speak with your schools main office.
I understand that my assigned tasks as a volunteer at KLSD may involve access and review confidential information, including data protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and its implementing federal regulations found at 34 C.F.R. Part 99; that my request for access to this information will be evaluated under the federal and state requirements under FERPA; and, that I am required to maintain the confidentiality of this information and prevent any re-disclosure prohibited under the law as stated below.
Access to Confidential FERPA-Protected Information
I acknowledge my responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of this information and agree to the following:
1. I will not permit access to confidential FERPA-protected or other confidential information to persons not authorized by the school district.
2. I will maintain the confidentiality of the data.
3. I will not reveal any individually identifiable information furnished, acquired, retrieved or assembled by me or others for any purpose other than statistical purposes specified in the school district survey, project, or proposed research.
4. I will report any known instances of missing data, data that has been inappropriately shared, or data taken off site to the school district.
5. I understand that procedures must be in place for monitoring and protecting confidential information.
6. I understand and acknowledge that FERPA-protected information obtained under provisions of FERPA as a volunteer of the school district is confidential information.
7. I understand that any unauthorized disclosure of confidential FERPA-protected information is illegal as provided in the FERPA. The penalty for unlawful disclosure is a fine of not more than $250,000 (under 18 U.S.C. 3571) or imprisonment for not more than five years (under 18 U.S.C. 3559), or both.
8. I understand that any personal characteristics, that could make the student or his/her familys identity traceable or re-identifiable, are protected.
9. I understand that any data sets or output reports that I may generate using confidential data are to be protected. I will not distribute to any unauthorized person any data sets or reports that I have access to or may generate using confidential data. I understand that I am responsible for any computer transactions performed as a result of access authorized by use of sign-on/password(s).
KLSD BOE Policy 4532:
The Board encourages volunteers who are willing to share their time, training, experience or personal characteristics to benefit students. Volunteers must adhere to FERPA, Federal law which protects the privacy of student personally identifiable information. Volunteers must also follow the District Code of Conduct and comply with safety protocols and district norms while volunteering in the schools or at other school sponsored activities. Volunteers shall not provide transportation to students for school-sponsored activities. Staff members who are responsible for tasks or projects that involve the use of volunteers shall identify appropriate activities and schedules for such activities, as well as make provisions for appropriate utilization of space that ensures proximity to other individuals who serve in a student supervisory capacity.All volunteers are required to act in accordance with district policies, regulations and school rules. Staff members are expected to provide guidance to volunteers; may redirect volunteers who appear in violation of district policies, regulations or school rules; and may relieve volunteers of duties if necessary.